Friday, July 26, 2013

A Spring-Summer Recap

Just to get into blogging again I have decided to do a post with mostly pictures. I have a whole heap of outfit pictures from spring and early summer that I need to post now or never... I especially love my eclectic spring outfits but I was too busy to write blog posts this spring so this here will be a recap.


I love this red jacket! It is one of my favorites for spring! I'll have to stay slim if I want to wear it for all eternity though, it's a thight one! This jacket is a vintage find from Beyond Retro (my favorite place for shopping strange vintage clothing!).


Sorry for the picture quality here. I can't even blame the dusty mirror for this one. This outfit was the one I wore when I had just turned in my paper and wanted to celebrate that milestone! Both the jacket and the dress here are actually from H&M!


This dress is another Beyond retro find! I absolutely adore the dark teal color of it but that color is absolutely impossible to capture on camera, even in natural light... The mirror is extremely dusty here so I guess you can't really see the dress anyway. Trust me, it is dark teal velvet and gorgeous!


On my birthday I visited Stockholm one last time before my big move. I went on a big perfume sniffing spree and to a couple of Second Hand stores. I fell in love with Les Nombred d'Or Cuir by Mona di Orio and at Beyond Retro I bought this dress. I never thought that I would ever fall for floral clothing, but I did! It is the perfect summer dress, a thin, machine washable cotton with a lace up back!



This is an outfit for colder days. The tunic is one of my favorite pieces, wide sleeves, lace, tight around the wrists... All this AND machine washable! Just perfect!! I bought it at H&M a number of years ago and it remains one of the most unique pieces in my wardrobe!


Here is another of my favorite pieces from my wardrobe, my black velvet dress, previously seen in at least one other outfit. I love how versatile it is, it can be dressed up or down, made morbid or romantic...I bought it at Weekday a couple of years ago. Here it is paired with my dark floral tights.






And now we get to my absolute favorite outfit of all time.I just had to include more than one picture of this outfit! I wear it again and again and I never tire of it! All of these pieces just fell together one day and became this outfit without any premeditation on my part! My black velvet dress is the base, together with my golden party skirt. The skirt was bought second hand, the absolutely gorgeous jacket is from H&M, the necklace is from LeBoudoirNoir and the slippers were a gift from a friend.

Hope you have enjoyed this little exposé. It will unfortunately be my last outfit post for a while... I don't have a full lenght mirror here yet. I didn't bring the old narrow (and perpetually dusty) one back to Finland with me and I have no idea where to find the wall space for a wider one in my room, not to mention the money to buy one...

*******************

In other news, from real life, my summer job has ended. Since Midsummer I have worked as a library assistant in a small local library. I have had that little library all to myself for a whole month! I LOVED it! Working there full time is my dream for the future, but I guess I'll have to wait...

My room is also taking shape. All of my books have by some miracle managed to fit in my book shelves and all of my clothes in my wardrobe. I had doubts about both! There is even some space for more books (this is the real miracle, I have been cramming for years)!! Now I only have a few more boxes of assorted nick-nacks to unpack.

My post about my herbal teas will be up sooner or later, whenever I can find the inspiration to write a long text... I have soo many photos of herbal tea now that I'm thinking that I might have to split the post up into several parts... We'll see...

I also have A LOT of new perfumes in my life! An Alkemia haul or two, some giveaway packages, some full sizes from Darling Clandestine, some samples from Wild Hybrid and even my first real niche purchase,a small bottle of above mentioned Les Nombres d'Or Cuir from Mona di Orio. I smell good!!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your room almost unpacked. I know what a miracle it is when your books fit into on your bookshelf. Every time I see mine, I wonder how it manages to keep standing.

    Of your outfit posts, I liked the second one and adored the last one. A long maxi dress paired with a tight fitted blazer is an appealing silhouette. But your final outfit? I can certainly see why that is the most appealing. The gold border of the coat is echoed by the underskirt and the shoes for a really complete outfit. You look as if you had stepped out of the pages of history or a fantasy novel.

    I also can't wait for the post about herbal teas. I love tea and am interested in reading your descriptions of the tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took four bookshelves, but now they fit!! :D

      I seldom get the chance to wear maxi dresses and skirts, they are just too impractical most of the time... I own quite a few lovely dresses and skirts that see way to little wear but I'm happy when I can find an occasion for them!

      Yeah, the black and gold outfit is a favorite for a reason! I always LOVE when I can make a whole, a complete look, from many different parts and you might notice in my blog theme a certain preference for black and gold! ;)

      I'll try my best to describe the tastes of my herbal teas. Many of them taste very similar so it will be a challenge!

      Delete
  2. It's great to see a post from you, my dear!! You have such lovely style, Nadja! I love how you make the pieces in your wardrobe so versitile, like the black velvet dress (which looks stunning with those tights, might I add!)! H&M is great because they have a good variety of clothes and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I have a Bambi sweater from there that I absolutely adore.

    Sorry your job is over for now! I bet it was absolutely dreamy. I hope it is permanent for you in the near future. Are you done with school and staying in Finland permanently now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I try not to love H&M (multinational company and all that) but the truth is that most of my clothes are either second hand or from H&M. Most of the time when I visit H&M I don't find anything nice, but every once in a while I find a real gem there! Four of my favorite jackets and three of my favorite tunics are from there...

      Yeah, I'm staying permanently in Finland now. I have a little bit of wok left on my paper but I don't have to go back to Uppsala for it.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I hear you on that, love! I am so used to shopping at my thrift store, that it's foreign to me when I shop at big businesses. I like to spend what little money I have going to a good cause, not put in some big wig's fat pocket while their employees don't even make liveable salaries. My thrift store donates the money they make to our local womens' shelter, so I like that.

      I'm so happy for you, babe! You must be thrilled to be all but done! And to be staying in that magical wonderland we call Finland... *swoons*

      Delete
    3. Most thrift stores here are very Christian and that puts me off a bit but they are still better than the big companies. Some of my styles are hard to find in thrift stores though so I'm thinking of starting to buy more clothes online, from independent sellers... But I don't know, it seems a bit difficult to get clothes that fit if you can't try them on first.

      I'm so happy to be in the finnish countryside again! I have definitely missed living here all year round! I sat on our terrace today, read a book, watched the landscape, cuddled the dogs, ate some berries from our garden, drank some herbal tea, then some madeira... It was just the perfect calm summer afternoon! I have missed the simple things!

      Delete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I thought I loved the red jacket, but that black jacket with gold trim! I worship it! Ohhhh I am dying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I died when I found it!! I just had to have it! Fortunately it wasn't that expensive!

      I. LOVE. MY. WARDROBE! ;D

      Delete
  4. Nadja I love your outfits! Especially the long dress and jacket from H&M, the teal dress and the black velvet dress.
    I buy a lot of cloths second hand too and they turned to be my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! Second hand clothes always have more history and more soul! I like thinking about where they have been and what people have worn them before me!

      Delete
  5. Nadja, you are a steampunk queen! You look awesome and pull off every outfit so expertly and elegantly (love that necklace too). Happy to see you back around town :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liber Vix! I'm happy to be back in the blogosphere!!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love all of these outfits! I think the last one is especially awesome :3 I love how you've paired those pieces of clothing with a top hat ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The top hat is my trademark when it comes to style, I seldom leave home without it! And I don't really wear anything that can't be paired with it... :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, these outfit are amazing! *0* I love your blog!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete